Issue #353: Possible mercurial VCS hook location error (conservancy/kallithea)

lns_ross issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Fri Jan 24 22:15:07 UTC 2020

New issue 353: Possible mercurial VCS hook location error
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issues/353/possible-mercurial-vcs-hook-location-error

Ross Thomas:

In the Mercurial vcs handler the def for _**get\_hook\_location**_ appears to have either a typo or a very confusing name.

```
    def get_hook_location(self):
        """
        returns absolute path to location where hooks are stored
        """
        return os.path.join(self.path, '.hg', '.hgrc')
```

If is meant to be a distinct location from the standard repo rc file, then it may be better named ‘.hooks’ or some such.

If it is meant to be the standard repo hgrc then the '.' is a typo \(unless I missed something wrt mercurial repos\).

Sry, I don’t have enough insight into the design decisions for this to confidently make a PR.