Kallithea git big file pull/push timeout error question

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Mon Jun 7 21:32:28 UTC 2021

I think Kallithea is using gearbox in a pretty standard way. You can
tweak your .ini to change the configuration.

What do you get in the Kallithea logs for such requests - especially
after setting the log levels to DEBUG?

On 6/7/21 8:12 AM, 김태호 wrote:

> Hello Kallithea
>
> We are currnetly using Kallithea on AWS EC2 instance.
>

> The sturcture of it is follow as:
>
>     AWS Load Balancer -> EC2 (Kallithea)
>

> The ini file has been made by the CLI of :
>
> kallithea-cli config-create my.ini database_engine=postgres
> http_server=gearbox
>

> Whenever my team try to download this big file(approx 2GB), following
> error comes out:
>
> RPC failed; HTTP 504 curl 22 The requested URL returned error: 504

504 sounds like an error from the proxy server.

Do you get the same failure if bypassing the load balancer and
connecting directly to the gearbox? If not, the amount of data just
takes more time than the load balancer allows, and you will have to
change the load balancer configuration.

> Related to this, I wonder if there is the file that can change the
> settings for timeout for gearbox or something else.

I don't know what to say about that. Kallithea is using gearbox in a
pretty standard way, with minimal configuration in the .ini . You should
also be able to set any timeout settings you might have found in the
gearbox documentation.