[RE]Re: Authentication log Questions

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Wed Jun 16 13:51:25 UTC 2021

On 6/11/21 12:07 PM, 김태호 wrote:

> Hello Kallithea
>

> Thank you for your answer !
>

> We have solved Question1 and Question3 but the second one.

To help others with similar problems (and perhaps help us improve the
software to avoid it), can you explain what the problem was and how you
solved it?

> So, let me elaborate on the second question.
>

> The following attempts have been made to download kallithea-git
> repository which is about 150MB size:
>
> 1. Changed the http_server option from gearbox to waitress.
>
> This makes it possible to download more files than the gearbox, but
> the 150MB file still fails.
>

> *>> Command that I tired.*
>
> ubuntu at DESKTOP-VD6IGV2:~$ git clone
> https://taehokim@scm.dev.my-company.net/my-company-smart/v2/hub-android
>
> Cloning into 'hub-android'...
>
> Password for 'https://taehokim@scm.dev.my-company.net:
>
> error: RPC failed; HTTP 504 curl 22 The requested URL returned error: 504
>
> fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly

I will repeat the question from
https://lists.sfconservancy.org/pipermail/kallithea-general/2021q2/003321.html
:

Do you get the same failure if bypassing the load balancer and
connecting directly to the gearbox?

I also asked:

What do you get in the Kallithea logs for such requests - especially
after setting the log levels to DEBUG?

I verified that I can serve a clone of https://github.com/git/git/ with
gearbox, and cloning that repo locally works:

2021-06-16 15:43:38.416 INFO [kallithea.config.middleware.wrapper]
Request from 127.0.0.1 for /baregit/git-upload-pack responded '200 OK'
after 11.572s with 163736351 bytes

> 4. Changed repository setting
>
> I changed *enable downloads *option. (checked the box) So I could
> download the zip file.
>
> I don't think I can keep using this because all my coworkers
> using Sourcetree app. But
>
> But I think it's going to be a clue to solve this problem.

"Downloads" is for downloading a snapshot without version control. That
is probably not a solution to your use case.