merch vendors (was Re: starting the discussion: merchandising at Conservancy)

Tony Sebro tony at sfconservancy.org
Thu Feb 7 13:13:50 EST 2013

On 02/06/2013 04:09 PM, Amy Terlaga wrote:
>   I'm also looking for some good companies to
> produce these - I want quality at a reasonable price.  (Doesn't everybody?)

***Vendors:

For t-shirts, some of Conservancy's colleagues at other FLOSS orgs
recommend Elegant Stitches (www.elegantstitchwear.com).  In addition to
handling screen printing/embroidery/etc., they can also set up
personalized stores online for your project (e.g.,
www.companycasuals.com/ferncliff/start.jsp).   have no personal
experience with them myself, but people from Perl Foundation, PyCon, and
Django have all vouched for their services.

For those in the northeast, I've personally used Works In Progress
(www.worksinprogressnyc.org) in NYC to print up limited runs of
t-shirts.  They're also a non-profit (job-training for high school kids)
and they do good work.  I don't remember their pricing (I last used them
five or six years ago), but I recall that they were reasonably-priced.

OpenSUSE apparently uses Spread Shirt (www.spreadshirt.com), but they
don't seem to be too excited about them.

I don't have any personal recommendations for vendors for other kinds of
merch, beyond what comes up in a standard web search.  Does anyone else
have any recommendations (or warnings, for that matter)?

-Tony

--
Tony Sebro, General Counsel, Software Freedom Conservancy
+1-212-461-3245 x11
tony at sfconservancy.org
www.sfconservancy.org