sourcing from places that treat workers well.

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 10:06:42 EST 2013

If I may make a suggestion, Gildan [1] is not only one of the top
promotional apparel manufacturers in North America, they seem to make real
efforts in CSR. Their product is great quality with huge format / color
selections (I like heavy cotton Gildan tees). They claim to have donated
over half a million dollars following the deaths of 62 factory personnel in
Haiti in the earthquake ; nearly $1MM to a technical school in Honduras
since 2005; support for an inner-city youth employment program in Chicago;
and responsible sourcing around the world. I'm as skeptical as the next
person when reading corporate blabla, but they did get top honors from
Maclean's magazine (Canada) in this respect [2].

When evaluating vendors, it's fairly easy to find out if they source from a
Gildan distributor.

Sean
Sugar Labs Marketing Coordinator

1. http://www.genuinegildan.com/en/