Kuali Financial System

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at sfconservancy.org
Thu May 2 18:28:59 EDT 2013

Joshua Gay wrote:
> The first topic I wanted to bring up is the Kuali Foundation
> (<http://www.kuali.org>) and the Kuali Financial System (KFS).

ISTR there was a thread about Kuali on the FLOSS Foundations list not too
long ago (maybe 1-3 years ago -- which I guess is long by some metrics :).
Would someone mind digging that up?

ISTR my concerns about it at the time were that it really wasn't a
collaboratively developed project, and I have some vague recollection of
licensing weirdness, but I may be misremembering, which at least part of Josh
mentions:

> One warning is that I recall that last year when I was reading through one
> of the documentation wikis I think it was under an NC license. So, I'm not
> sure if *everything* is under a free license.

Yeah, that makes it a non-starter by itself, IMO.  But I have a vague
recollection of some other license weirdness too.

Does anyone recall?

> All that being said, I don't really have an opinion of how useful the
> software actually is, but, I suspect it is worth looking into.

It certainly belongs on the list of projects evaluated during Phase 0.

   -- bkuhn
[ Sorry about duplicate copies of this email. ]