We need a specification (and a wiki?)

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at sfconservancy.org
Thu May 2 18:24:13 EDT 2013

Thanks for being the first post, Josh and Josh.  :) The archives now work
because of it -- a few people were complaining to me that the archive page
was 403'd, but that's because mailman puts nothing there until there's a
first post. :)

Meanwhile, in response to Josh Berkus' email: I too want to build a list of
evaluation criteria for the software that's out there, and I'm happy to build
it collaboratively with others on this list.

I do disagree that it needs to be a specification

Regarding your infrastructural suggestion about a Wiki:

Josh Berkus wrote:
> I suggest that we set up a wiki or similar collaborative document somewhere
> we can all hack on it.  Does Conservancy already have something?

I must admit that Conservancy doesn't currently have the resources to set up
a Wiki infrastructure, although if we really need one, I suspect OSU-OSL
could set one up for us.

However, I'd suggest that setting up a wiki to collaborate on one document
might be overkill with respect to infrastructure

 I'd suggest that maybe for the moment we set up a git repository and throw a
document in there?  My plan had been to set up a repository on gitorious
anyway.

   -- bkuhn
[ Sorry about duplicate copies of this email. ]