CiviCRM integration (was Re: Status on NPO Accounting project: Conservancy seeks a contractor to begin work)

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at sfconservancy.org
Tue Aug 27 12:03:16 EDT 2013

Detlev Sieber wrote at 02:26 (EDT):
> As I am an advocate for using CiviCRM, I would appreciate if the
> solution would be integrated with this system.

Yes, that's absolutely on my radar screen, and definitely a long-term
goal.

> Or, even better, to be build up upon CiviAccount, which already
> provides some basic accounting functionality within CiviCRM.

I've talked some with the CiviCRM project leaders about this.  I think
they're generally in agreement that CiviAccount may not be the best way
to go, as it'd be good to have a system that integrates with CiviCRM but
doesn't necessarily require that someone be running CiviCRM to use it.

I've looked briefly at CiviAccount and it doesn't seem too far along yet.
I wasn't able to find the source code because the link to the branch
they were working on seems to be dead, and I couldn't find the code in
the mainstream codebase either, but I admittedly don't know the CiviCRM
code all that well (yet).
--
Bradley M. Kuhn, Executive Director, Software Freedom Conservancy