Underfunding or why I am not interested

HRJet hrjet9 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 02:48:53 EST 2014

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 12:53 PM, HRJet <hrjet9 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This sort of strings-attached freedom is in my opinion not going to really
> matter. Vendors will just move their secret sauce to other places.

After further thought, I guess this "moving of secret sauce" is only
possible in GPL, because the license doesn't cross API boundaries. IIRC
this wouldn't be possible at all in AGPL.

I also realized just now that "moving of secret sauce" is actually a good
thing from a security and privacy perspective; the secrets are now in a
smaller black box, which means it is easier to restrict the amount of data
shared with these boxes.

So, I am beginning to like GPL, but I am still not in favour of AGPL.