GSoC14

VAIBHAV vaibhav_joshi at live.com
Sat Mar 8 07:47:51 EST 2014

Hii,I am Vaibhav Joshi,doing my MCA from India.While going through various Gsoc project organisations and Ideas. I came across the idea of writing a better test suite for Ledger-CLI upstream,so that it is implemented with new features.I have seen the ledger repo and noticed that they are using boost library.I compared the boost.Test and other testing frameworks that are being in use for writing testing suites by many organisations.I found it will better to use Boost.test in future as it will be easy to maintain and enhance and switching to other frameworks like gtest or cppunit will not be efiicient. As I have Good knowledge of testing suites and cmake I can better write the testing programs once again using fixtures and other additional libraries required.This summer I can easily spend my time to write and generate logs for all testing programs and they can be integrated with other tools for nice html output and text outputs as mentioned in ideas page(like lcov).Any pointers from where should I start?ThanksVaibhav Joshi.