GSoC Project Ideas

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at sfconservancy.org
Tue Mar 18 12:00:35 EDT 2014

Vaibhav Tulsyan wrote at 10:23 (EDT) on Saturday:
> After looking at the ideas page, 2 ideas seemed interesting to me -
> 1. Building a better Python interface

This one is admittedly more complicated.  Take a look at the response I
just posted to Pritam's inquiry on this one.

> 2. Convert Ledger-CLI to use fixed-point arithmetic

This is a more straightforward task by far.

> I use C++ and Python regularly and learning something new about both
> languages every day. I am not so familiar with the Ledger-CLI API, but
> I have started tinkering around with it and also browsing its source.

Great!

> It would be helpful to get some more details on the project related to
> the Python interface, and what should I focus on for the proposal.

See my other email just sent to the list on this.  This project is more
challenging because it's going to require learning a lot about
accounting systems, and how they work, and figuring out how to design
this API.
--
Bradley M. Kuhn, President, Software Freedom Conservancy