expense tracking apps

Brett Smith brett at sfconservancy.org
Fri Aug 26 15:38:54 UTC 2016

On 08/26/2016 07:26 AM, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> Given the new focus on reimbursement, I thought it would be helpful to
> raise the subject of expense tracking apps.

I think we’re on the same page, but just for extra clarity, this is a
new short-term focus. Long-term, our goals for the project are
unchanged. We just think this makes sense as a first step because it can
benefit everyone sooner and can grow along with the rest of the project
as we build out more pieces.

> Looking in F-Droid, there are a few apps which do some of these things
> already, e.g.
>
> https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdfilter=expense&fdid=wb.receiptspro

This is a really helpful pointer, thank you. I’ll definitely want to
look to see if there are ways we can make it easy to submit from apps
like this.

You asked about the scope of this work in another e-mail. For version 1,
I think our top priority is the submission process. The goal of the
system should be to reduce the amount of back-and-forth required for
people to submit reimbursement requests that have all the necessary
documentation. This saves time for both submitters and bookkeepers, and
it’s relatively self-contained. Once that’s done, though, I agree it
makes sense to look at some of the other areas you named, letting
organizations track the request through other stages of the lifecycle.

Thank you,

​
--
Brett Smith