Conservancy policies now developed in public via DVCS

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at sfconservancy.org
Tue Jun 10 17:18:23 EDT 2014

As an example of the fact that "non-profits sometimes take a while, but
gets there in the end"....

Holger Krekel wrote to this list on 2012-03-29:
> just a quick note that for discussing drafts i'd prefer a repository
> where people can commit comments to paragraphs or suggest better ones.

I've finally done the work to export Conservancy's policies from our
internal repository into a public Git repository (I'm sorry -- Darcs and
Mercurial -- you are indeed our beloved member projects as well, but I
had to "pick one" in this case).

Conservancy's policies are now developed in public here:

              https://gitorious.org/conservancy/policies

You can submit merge requests via gitorious or post patches here.

The 'master' branch will always be the 'in effect' policies.

I'm going to probably create a branch called 'ready-for-board-approval',
which will be any changes that the Conservancy staff and the member
projects are ready to accept, but that are pending official approval by
Conservancy's Board of Directors.

> The list here could receive email notification diffs.

I have not set this up.  If someone could volunteer to do this, it would
be much appreciated.
--
Bradley M. Kuhn
President & Distinguished Technologist of Software Freedom Conservancy