proposal for the travel policy - no receipts for <= $500

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at sfconservancy.org
Wed Jul 20 20:23:56 UTC 2016

Stormy Peters wrote at 00:19 (PDT):
> Is all the travel project specific?

Just to add to Karen's answer on this question, for the sake of newer
subscribers to policies-discuss who might not know this part:

Conservancy staff follows the exact same travel policy that our member
projects do.

However, the "no receipts <= $500" proposal could likely never apply to
Conservancy staff, because there's no "PLC to attest", as this proposed
change requires.  (i.e., for Conservancy staff travel, Karen as
Executive Director reviews all staff travel expense reports except her
own, and the Treasurer reviews hers.)

So, I would expect for all staff travel, we'd still follow the existing
procedures, even when an individual trip cost is below $500.

The proposal works for member project travel because the PLC is an
additional governing body available to provide additional oversight.
--
Bradley M. Kuhn
President & Distinguished Technologist of Software Freedom Conservancy