This is great--thank you!

Joshua R. Simmons josh.simmons at opensource.org
Fri Dec 4 19:47:22 UTC 2020

I am so grateful to Conservancy for raising this and pursuing the creation
of a DMCA Cooperation Pledge. Much like the GPL Cooperation Commitment and
the cure provision in GPLv3, we all win when we agree to norms that create
space for us to resolve issues amicably while also mitigating abuse.

As someone who serves open source writ large through Open Source
Initiative, and who has worked in multiple corporate Open Source Programs
Offices, I see this initiative as a welcome balm.

With gratitude,
Josh

Josh Simmons (he/him), President, Open Source Initiative
@joshsimmons <http://twitter.com/joshsimmons> | josh.simmons at opensource.org
| 1-707-600-6098 | bluesomewhere on Freenode
ad astra per aspera 🚀