Welcome to the DMCA Cooperation Pledge drafting process.

Dirk Hohndel dirkhh at vmware.com
Thu Dec 10 23:15:34 UTC 2020

Hi Everyone

I haven’t seen anybody start working on the draft itself - but maybe it’s because people sent things in private or there are branches that I can’t see.

Here are three modest suggestions from me that I think would make the intent clearer, avoid misunderstandings, and potentially make abuse harder.

I’m sure there are some standard disclaimers that I should add, including IANAL, this is not an indication of any final position or any bright red lines for my employer or anything.
All this intends to do is to maybe kick off some discussion about the content of the pledge.

/D