[FOSSY-attendees] A FOSSY attendee tested positive for COVID today

FOSSY Organizers conference at sfconservancy.org
Sat Jul 15 06:15:19 UTC 2023

An attendee let us know tonight that they unfortunately tested positive
for COVID despite being diligent about precautions.

The attendee was not at the afternoon conference sessions today
(Friday), but was at the sessions, lunch, and social event Thursday, and
the morning sessions and lunch today. They let us know that they will
not return to the conference and will isolate in their hotel room for
the duration of their stay in Portland. We will stay in touch with them
to make sure they have what they need while here.

We recommend testing daily, and ask that you be very mindful of staying
masked at the event.  If you test positive or have symptoms, please let
us know at conference at sfconservancy.org (this email address goes to 3 of
the conference organizers and we will keep your report anonymous).

You can get tests at Walgreen's on 1620 NE Grand Ave, Portland, OR 97232
a short walk from the Hyatt and Convention Center. You can also find
testing sites at https://testinglocator.cdc.gov/Search the Convention
Center's zip code is 97232. For help finding testing resources call 211
or Multnomah County’s COVID-19 Call Center (503-988-8939).

We will have a few tests available at registration. If you are feeling
covid-like symptoms, please contact us by email rather than coming to
the event, and we can drop a test off or help you with logistics for
getting one.

Please let us know if you experience any challenges that we can assist
you with relating to this situation.

If you test negative and have extra sealed tests to share beyond what
you need for the rest of the event, you could bring them to registration
and we'll make them available to others.

We are so grateful to all of you for taking our mask mandate very
seriously at the conference so far. We haven't mentioned it in our
announcements but we do have air filters that we brought and have been
running on high in the session rooms, which of course we'll plan to
continue doing for the rest of the event.

-FOSSY Organizing Team