[FOSSY-attendees] Complete Corresponding Summary of final day

FOSSY Organizers conference at sfconservancy.org
Mon Jul 17 02:17:13 UTC 2023

We can't believe it's already the end of the weekend. What an incredible
four days it's been with you all! It's been such a privilege to see the
amount of reconnecting, community building, and planning for the future
of the software freedom movement that has happened here. Thank you all
for coming and, since you all just told us in the closing session with
rousing applause that we have to do this again, we can't wait to see you
next year!

## Outreachy keynote

Thank you all for joining us to celebrate Outreachy's milestone of 1000
interns, as we also reflected on the whole history of the program from
its founding by the dearly missed Marina Zhurakhinskaya through its
subsequent stages of growth led by organizers including Karen Sandler,
Sage Sharp, and Anna e só.

## Socializing tonight

There is no planned social event tonight, but if you want to scope a
local restaurant near the convention center, we have a crowdsourced
list: https://2023.fossy.us/events/#crowdsourced We hope you have safe
travel home, however far that may be.

## Thank you volunteers!!!

Another huge thank you to all you incredible volunteers who signed up
months ago, and those of you that each day offered your time. We truly
couldn't have managed this without you and are so thankful for your
help.

## Track Organizers

We hope you got a chance to speak with our incredible track organizers
-- we couldn't have done this without them. Providing their expertise
and incredible support to all aspects of our conference, we are so
grateful to them for leading the way in making space for community and
organizing all the important discussions that happened this weekend.

## FOSSY design

We want to thank Nikita Tripathi for all of the beautiful work on the
FOSSY logo and signage. Nikita is an Outreachy grad and an incredible
pleasure to work with. We'll be show casing some of her work on our
website soon.

## Videos

We will begin publishing the videos from the conference tomorrow! Keep
an eye on https://sfconservancy.org/news/ and Mastodon at
@conservancy at sfconservancy.org for announcements.

Our AV was provided by the local non-profits
https://www.opensignalpdx.org/ and https://friendsofnoise.org/ We want
to thank them for working with us and providing such a valuable service
and training to local community members! Be sure to follow our news feed
as we'll be highlighting some of the free software they used in the
production of our conference.

## Survey coming!

Please watch your inboxes for a post-event survey -- your ideas and
feedback will help us a great deal as we start planning the next FOSSY!

## Code of Conduct Team

Our Code of Conduct team will provide a report in the coming weeks
providing more information on what we learned and how the event went
over the past 4 days. Our mask policy was a success and has helped keep
all of our attendees safe.

## Remembering Ian Denhardt

We heard recently that we lost Ian Denhardt, a member of this community
who was a dedicated supporter and creator of free software, particularly
software that sought to improve the user experience of federated network
services (like Sandstorm and lately Tempest). We would like to
acknowledge his contributions to the community and the friendship he
gave to those of us who knew him.

## Share with us

We will be in the #fossy IRC room on libera.chat and accompanying XMPP
room xmpp:fossy at chat.sfconservancy.org?join over the next couple days
(at least!). You can also use the #FOSSY hashtag on social media to
share your pictures, great moments and ideas with us. You can send any
photos you've taken to conference at sfconservancy.org and please let us
know the licensing information in that email.

Thank you all for making this the best FOSSY so far :)
-FOSSY Organizing Team