[PoC] Bootstrap UI

Andrew Shadura andrew at shadura.me
Wed Apr 22 08:59:47 EDT 2015

Hello,

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 14:45:53 +0200
Thomas De Schampheleire <patrickdepinguin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, somewhere on my TODO list is exactly that. The current CSS
> code is so fragile, containing too much detail in the selectors, that
> it is hard to reduce gradually. Throwing it away and starting from
> scratch is a bit more intensive, but I think will yield the best
> results.

> And yes, the rewrite should be done in one go, but since you are now
> planning on using a branch for a while to do the bootstrap
> integration, that wouldn't really hurt now, would it?

> This is also what Mads hinted on on at least one occasion:
> https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issue/101/ui-consistent-font-sizes
> "Yes, the whole styling should be redone from scratch."

> Could I convince you to try this approach instead (possibly with help
> from others) ?

You just did :)

This is my Bootstrap branch with "our" styling switched off *except*
contextbar.css: https://kallithea-scm.org/bootstrap/

(Compare with https://codehost.me.uk which is my old branch but
recoloured.)

That's *quite* usable already, so we just need to port some useful
snippets, and fix the template to actually use Bootstrap styles.

--
Cheers,
  Andrew