Issue #153: Git hooks are not properly verified when doing "Remap and Rescan" (conservancy/kallithea)
issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Wed Aug 26 07:37:45 UTC 2015
New issue 153: Git hooks are not properly verified when doing "Remap and Rescan"
When performing "remap and rescan" with "Install Git hooks" option, Kallithea will not update the hooks "pre-receive" or "post-receive" if they already exist.
I think the issue is mainly relevant for people upgrading/migrating from Rhodecode, since it will probably keep the Rhodecode hooks in place, making it impossible to push changes (old code would be called) to Git repository.
1. Create a new Git repository through Kallithea.
2. Go to the repository, and replace hooks/pre-receive and hooks/post-receive with empty files.
3. Log-in as admin, and open page "Settings" -> "Remap and Rescan".
4. Turn on option "Install Git hooks".
5. Click on the "Rescan repositories" button.
1. Empty git hook files are replaced with Kalliethea's hooks.
1. Empty git hook files are left in place.
1. Remove all the git hooks by hand before starting the rescan.
Not sure if Kallithea should unconditionally replace the hooks or not. Some people might want to do tweaks on these git hooks, and would not like them to be overwritten perhaps.
More information about the kallithea-general