Issue #170: For Email links have a way to specify the root URL instead of echoing what the user that triggered the email used (conservancy/kallithea)

Scott Palmer issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Tue Oct 27 20:19:13 UTC 2015

New issue 170: For Email links have a way to specify the root URL instead of echoing what the user that triggered the email used
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issues/170/for-email-links-have-a-way-to-specify-the

Scott Palmer:

Some systems can be reached by multiple URLs.  For example on a windows domain using the machine name without a domain or with a domain.  (E.g.  http://kallithea/  vs http://kallithea.mycompany.com/)
However, not all users that receive an email with links will be able to access the repo from the same URL that was used to trigger the email.  E.g. from a machine on my domain I could use http://kallithea/  but someone getting the email may not be on my domain and would need to use the full machine name + domain name, http://kallithea.mydomain.local/ .  The fully-qualified URL works in both contexts, so I would prefer it to be used in emails even if I happened to type the shorter address into my browser.

Have a mechanism to specify the canonical root URL.