Proposal for TurboGears2 port

Alessandro Molina alessandro.molina at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 23:09:50 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 11:57 PM, Alessandro Molina <
alessandro.molina at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well I can work on a proof of concept and have a version of Kallithea
> running on TG, but as I don't know much of the codebase and what should be
> the expected behaviour it will still require much work from the Kallithea
> team to port parts that I'll probably miss and ensure that everything works
> as before.

This evening I experimented with removing Pylons and porting Kallithea to
TG as quickly as possible.
Most of the work has been involved in search&replace imports and properly
setup the app in a way that is compatible with existing Kallithea code.

It's not the cleanest codebase and routing is mostly hacked together, but I
have been able to have a version of Kallithea that starts, logs in and
shows the index of repositories in nearly 2 hours of work. Didn't try much
else, but I posted a screenshot on G+
https://plus.google.com/+AlessandroMolina/posts/S7TFzFQRWC3

I used an existing database as setup-db still needs to be ported, if you
want to have a look I pushed it to a repository on bitbucket, relavant
commit is
https://bitbucket.org/_amol_/kallithea-tg/commits/3d03249816b8e0143e4cc7f8a4d955d561bd54a6

Note that so far I haven't updated the setup.py (I'm too tired to do it now
:P) so if you want to try it you will have to try "paster serve
development.ini" and install missing modules one after the other :)