Problems installing Kallithea on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Fri Feb 12 02:09:09 UTC 2016

On 02/11/2016 01:40 PM, Angel Ezquerra wrote:
> Following the advice given on those two links fixed the problem. That
> is, I had to run:
>
>      pip install Paste==2.0.2
>      pip install pastedeploy==1.5.2
>      pip install pastescript==2.0.2
>
> Once I did that I had a couple more problems:

Weird. Can you figure out what is causing this? Do you see indications
that it is related to Kallithea and the way we specify dependencies?

> 1. "pip install kallithea" still failed because both dulwich and
> mercurial failed to generate wheels. It seems that for some reason my
> virtualenv did not have a "libs" folder. I simply copied the
> C:\Python27\libs folder to my virtualenv (C:\Kallithea\Env\libs) and
> called "pip install kallithea" again, which worked fine.

Hmm. Usually we used virtualenv --no-site-packages ... but that is now
the default.

But it sounds like you need virtualenv --system-site-packages ?

> 2. I was able to configure and run Kallithea, but I would get errors
> when accessing the Admin page. The error was a syntax error on
> site-packages/kombu/utils/__init__.py. I had to change:
>
>      from uuid import UUID, uuid4 as _uuid4, _uuid_generate_random
>
> into:
>
>      from uuid import UUID as _uuid4
>      from uuid import uuid4 as _uuid_generate_random
>
> This is the same error that we had already discussed off the list
> which seems to be related to change in Python 2.7.11 I believe.

Yes, that is 100% understood and fixed - just not released on pypi yet.

> Now I just need to figure out how to run Kallithea as a service or
> through our existing Apache web server. Pointers welcome :-)

You already have hgweb running under apache? With mod_wsgi? Just do the
same with Kallithea?