Upgrading v0.3

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Mon Apr 10 21:03:48 UTC 2017

On 04/10/2017 05:05 PM, Veretennicov, Constantin wrote:

> I am excited to see TG2 work having landed on “default” (and also
> Alembic changes already sitting there for a while).
>
> I’d like to upgrade our 0.3.1 installation, to do some customizations
> to support my team’s workflow (perhaps they will even go upstream
> someday).
>
> To be honest, I’ve been hoping for a 0.4 release, but if it’s not
> coming I’m ready to try my luck using “default” directly.

Yes, we will make a 0.4 release soon. TG2 was one of the things we were
waiting for. (Bootstrap is the other big one.)

It will be very valuable if you can help test the default branch now so
the TG2 port and 0.4 can be released with a proven track record.

> I’d appreciate any guidance though. For instance, I seem to recall
> there were some pre-alembic db schema changes on “default”…

There has not been any important db changes, except for the single
alembic step we have now. There has been some index tweaks that don't
have alembic scripts ... but the old migration steps already missed some
index changes.

Ideally, we thus need a migration step that can normalize the database
completely, fix types, drop unused fields, and set the right indices.
But that shouldn't be a real issue for an upgrade.