ERP5 for accounting

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at sfconservancy.org
Tue Jun 25 14:29:16 EDT 2013

Yusei,

Yusei TAHARA wrote at 06:03 (EDT):
> I'm a developer of ERP5, a free software ERP(GPLv2) which supports
> accounting although

Thanks for telling us about ERP5.  We've discovered there are a lot of
Free Software codebases that do some of what we're trying to do with
this project, and we appreciate that folks have been letting us know
about them.

Currently, I'm collecting a list in a text file, and we hope to set up
some sort of public evaluation process (as part of Phase 0 of our
project).  We're currently challenged by the fact that there are *so
many* codebases out there that do part of what we're trying to do -- we
could spend a year evaluating them all.

As I continue efforts  to fundraise for our campaign, I'm slowly making
some progress on putting together some of the use-cases that we've faced
at Conservancy, which hopefully will make a good evaluation criteria
list.

Yusei TAHARA wrote at 06:03 (EDT):
> it does not support USA specific accounting plan yet but it should not
> be difficult to do I believe. ERP5 is a web application powered by
> Zope2 and Python. One of ERP5 users is NGO and that NGO uses ERP5 for
> accounting.....  I think ERP5 would be a good solution for NPO
> regardless of the size of organisation.

I appreciate your self-assessment in that regard, but I'm curious to
know how you handle fund accounting and fiscal sponsorship issues in
ERP5?
--
Bradley M. Kuhn, Executive Director, Software Freedom Conservancy