Announcing Joar Wandborg joining the project as a Conservancy contractor.

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at sfconservancy.org
Tue Oct 22 10:33:18 EDT 2013

Marc Paré wrote at 19:46 (EDT) on Monday:
> I would hope that the project would keep in mind one of its original
> goals of making the end-product workable for application on the
> international scene.

Agreed, we want to do this, but it's a long term goal at this point, not
a short term one.  We have to make it work in the USA first.  We'll be
careful not to make any design decisions that would preclude
internationalization, but if we make a mistake, please keep an eye on
it, and tell us if we're making such a mistake. :)

> My point then being that when looking at codebases, keep this in mind
> as well, just in case you come up with some that are already
> extensible.

Indeed.  I'm concerned that many of the codebases out there are somewhat
specific to given countries, which sort of indicates that using
a base engine that isn't would be a good idea.
--
Bradley M. Kuhn, Executive Director, Software Freedom Conservancy